Join us !
ANSES recruits, supports and promotes diverse talent committed to serving public health.
Every day, more than 1,400 people at 16 sites in France contribute to fulfilling ANSES’s missions. Our employees are motivated by serving the public good and are our most valuable asset. Passionate about their work, they harness their skills in a wide range of fields and disciplines for the advancement of public health. Our employees’ multi-disciplinary work is underpinned by engagement, collaboration and dialogue as key, common values we apply in our daily activities.
Our six commitments for improving life at work
- ANSES actively implements a skills development policy to maintain and build on its expertise. Each year, more than two thirds of our staff undertake training, with an average of 3.5 days of training per employee.
- The Agency encourages a healthy work-life balance. Our employees are able to work fom home for up to ten days each month, and we apply a 35-hour working week, flexible working hours and time off in lieu.
- Inclusion and diversity are primary concerns. We provide support to employees who are or wish to be recognised as disabled workers. We have implemented an action plan to promote gender equality.
- To ensure the safety and protect the health of our employees, we are committed to implementing an ambitious, proactive occupational risk prevention policy. At ANSES, health and safety is everyone’s business!
- We care particularly about working as a community, in particular by paying for part of our employees’ complementary health insurance contributions. We provide canteens on all our sites, as well as community, sports and cultural facilities.
- A sustainable development approach has been initiated since the creation of the Agency to minimise the environmental footprint of our activities and increase the positive social impacts of our organisation. ANSES engages with staff by promoting many individual and collective initiatives in the workplace.
Job opportunities at ANSES
To fulfil its missions, ANSES acknowledges the value of a wide variety of jobs in many scientific disciplines.
Staff in research laboratories carry out reference, surveillance and research work.
Other employees undertake a variety of roles coordinating expertise for the assessment of health risks.
ANSES also relies on scientific assessors to examine marketing authorisation applications for regulated products.
Our support roles in a wide range of fields also contribute to safeguarding the Agency’s work.
ANSES employees are virologists, bacteriologists or epidemiologists, microbiology or physical chemistry specialists, veterinarians, botanists, laboratory technicians, metrologists, ecotoxicologists, nutritionists, socio-economic specialists, research engineers, pharmacists, quality specialists, lawyers, computer scientists, documentalists, contract managers, accountants, and more.
Promoting training through research
Each year, ANSES offers doctoral and post-doctoral students valuable opportunities to train through research. We thus continuously supervise almost 90 doctoral theses, sometimes in collaboration with other scientific partners.